R.L.Harrison Construction Limited takes its responsibility towards Health & safety very seriously and is continually investing in the training of it’s employees to ensure that all staff within the company have up to date Health and Safety training and certification.
We will not compromise health and safety requirements and this will protect both our clients and our own reputation.
Our operatives are provided with health and safety personnel protective equipment (PPE) as standard but we also include heavy duty trousers and liveried sweatshirts, fleeces, polo shirts and hi vis vests which ensure we have a Corporate identity and accountability on site.
All of our employees:
- Hold SPA (Safety Pass Alliance) Food Passport Cards – due to our extensive work in the food and drinks sector.
- Are members of the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme and so have completed the industry approved CSCS health and safety training course and assessment.
- Have CSCS Health and Safety Cards.
- Four operatives have completed Site Supervison Training Scheme (SSTS)
- Six operatives have passed IPAF training for working on MEWPs and Cherry Pickers.
All our electrical site equipment is PAT tested on a quarterly basis and tagged.
We have a six month rolling programme on testing all lifting equipment to comply with Lifting operations Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
Our construction work will be undertaken using Risk and method statements (RAMS) to identify risk and hazards and how we will control these. We will also provide Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) to ensure safe working practices together with Material Safety data sheets (MSDS) from the manufacturers of materials.
For work of a more hazardous nature we will have a permit to work procedure that will be managed by supervisors on site.
We are annually accredited by Alcumus (formerly Safe Contractor) and are approved as a Principal Contractor.